I came across a microwave cook book yesterday,
that I used often in the early '80's
(before they had the rotating plate.) am I showing my age??
This recipe for baked custard is awesome, quick and quite pretty.
1/4 c. sugar
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 eggs slightly beaten
nutmeg or mace
1. Pour milk into a 2 cup micro -proof measuring cup or bowl.
Microwave at High 2-4 Min, until hot but not boiling.
2. In a separate bowl blend sugar,salt and vanilla into eggs.
3. Stir mixture into milk. .
4. Pour into 4 6-oz custard cups, sprinkle with nutmeg or mace
5. Arrange cups in a circle in the microwave.
6. Microwave at 50% power 6-10 min, rearranging cups every 2 min. until set.
if custard begins to set place on counter.The custard will set more while cooling.