Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Connor turns 4

Happy Birthday Connor!





It's been four years since our little man came into the world.


Once again, I was honored to be chief cakebaker. Connor wanted a golf cake, so....Mimi made a golf cake. Connor loves golf and has his own real set of lefties (only in golf though?) I took pictures of him a couple weeks before and chose two.

Here's how I did it:
The cake is two cake mixes--half chocolate half vanilla. Just mix each mix in separate bowls. Then, if you have a willing hubby, pour both mixes into your pan at the same time, and voila a perfect split. The decorating is the fun part.



I dyed coconut for the "rough," used green frosting for the"fairway," and green sugar for the"green." I poked a straw into the green to make the hole. Then I cut a piece of straw to go back in the hole to make the cup. I used one very small gum ball for the golf ball. The flags are all printed, laminated, and cut out. I glued them to sucker sticks. For the candles, I used four practice balls. My hubby drilled a hole in and I glued each to a tee, using white fimo clay to hold the candle in place. I printed the photos I took of Connor, laminated and cut them out, and selected one to put into place.



As you can see by the by the smile on his face, Connor loved it!


The DIY Show Off






No comments:

Post a Comment