Tuesday, June 2, 2009

the BIG move

Wow!
This has been a tough and very long process, but thanks to my sweet husband who is not only handy, but also very supportive, we got done! For some time I've wanted a sunny and accessible craft room. Well, I got it! My old craft crafting/sewing room was upstairs in a small and cramped space. It easily became overrun, even when I tried to keep it clean. Then it clicked-- we had a practically unused computer room on the first floor-- the perfect new space!



my old craft room



the new space: before
UGH !!!!

Note: The before pic.is not the "true" before picture--this is after moving things out and moving things in. We're not that messy!


During ...





After... Ahhhh


the new curtains keep things hidden when I want them hidden



my labeled drawers (no excuses not to put things away)

Room shifting is a rather tedious (and messy) process. Yes, our house looks like a bomb went off (not too excited about that). But it's Tuesday and I'm off work and it's raining, soooo I guess I'll clean.

1 comment:

  1. Wowsers!! I am extremely impressed with your sophisticated new space! You've re-purposed this room so well. Great use of closet space...I love all of the niches and shelves. Great storage solutions too! The mail sorter (drawered cabinet)is such a handsome piece--when it isn't collecting "stuff." What an inspiring space in which to be inspired! Can't wait to see it in person! Ever consider working for HGTV?

    You guys rock! xoxo

    ReplyDelete