Sunday, May 22, 2011

Hand made padded envelope










Needing a quick craft "fix", I decided to venture to somewhere a little different in CRAFT LAND.
I made this one of a kind padded mailing envelope.

As an Etsy shop owner, I use padded mailers quite a bit. I don't use enough consistently to by them in bulk.
I used to make a lot of cards so I have tons of scrap book paper.

The first thing I did was take 2 12x12 pieces of paper and cut 2 inches off one.
I used 4 pieces of double stick tape ( that has protective layer that needs to be removed) on the inside of the longest one. (12x12 )
I then tacked (with another small piece of double faced tape) padding ( 11x9 ) in the middle of each sheet of paper, leaving an edge of about 1/4 in.
Next, I carefully laid the smaller piece to the larger piece.
I pressed all around the edges to make a nice seal.
Using a straight edge, I carefully folded the top edge down to make a flap.
I used more tape, leaving the protective layer on until I actually use it.
Then I used the scrap two inches of the paper and cut it a bit larger than a mailing label.
I happened to use double sided paper so I used the contrasting side and punched a flower design in one corner and put on the mailing label.
I really love the way it turned out. I would love getting this baby in my mail box.

ITEMS NEEDED:
2 12x12 heavy scrap book paper
Double sided tape ( you can get scrap booking tape ) I used terrifically tacky tape it has a red protective layer.
Mailing label
Small flower ( or what ever type you want ) punch.
Bubble wrap recycled from old mailer,or purchased at the roller tree.

Hope this tutorial is helpful.
NOTE: To make different sizes just adjust the measurements to fit your needs.
NOW GO MAKE ONE YOURSELF

1 comment: